I’m not really one for Valentine’s Day. To me, it seems like it’s only out to make single people feel lonely and couples pressured to spend money. That said, I can’t not love a holiday who gives me an excuse to eat chocolate. It also happens to be the week of my husband’s birthday and a long weekend, so when we’re not shoving paleo cupcakes in each others’ faces, we try to always get away to a Bed & Breakfast, drink wine in a hot tub and eat chocolates.
So, as we plan our big date weekend we wanted to share some of our favorite Sweets & Treats for your Sweetie (or you, it’s OK to be greedy – but there’s a LOT here, so maybe you’ll share?). And for those that are worried they might not win (afterall, we’re only picking two of you), some of the generous vendors are offering discount codes – so make sure you READ the post!
After NomNomPaleo introduced us to this incredible chocolate vendor we’ve become hoarders of high quality chocolate. We love trying their extremely dark and high quality chocolates, and testing our favorites. We’ve hand selected some of our favorites for you to try, and Chocosphere has offered the entire basket for the grand prize winner.
For those who don’t want to take their chances, they’re offering this as a gift box you can bestow upon your loved one that also might love some high quality chocolates as part of their giftbaskets. Head on over and get yourself The Paleo Bag (scroll almost to the bottom of the page) over on their site!
The basket includes only chocolates that are free of wheat, dairy and soy – those that include sugar are in their natural form:
- Bonnat 100% Cacao Bar
- Domori Criollo Il 100% Bar Criollo Il 100% Unsweetened Italian Chocolate Bar
- Fearless ‘Deepest Dark’ Bar 85% Cacao Organic Dark Chocolate Bar
- Grenada Chocolate Unsweetened Organic Chocolate Bar, 100% cacao
- Pacari Raw 70% with Andean Blueberry Bar Organic Single-Origin Raw
- Pralus Le 100% Bar Single-Origin Le 100% Bar
- Theo ‘3400 Phinney’ Fig, Fennel, & Almond Dark Chocolate Bar
- Valrhona Home Chef Cocoa Powder
We were first introduced to the fantastic truffles made by Eating Evolved at AHS this past summer. I truly don’t know how they are able to pack so much deliciousness into the paleo framework! We attempted to bring a box home for the boys, but it never made it into the suitcase! Now you’re going to have the chance to experience these half inch balls of joy! The winner of the giveaway will be sent a $50 Eating Evolved gift card to load up on Valentine’s truffles.
But that’s not all! Even if you’re not the winner, you can use the discount code “PALEOPARENTS15” on checkout to receive 15% off your order from now until February 21st!
We’ve talked about how delicious the fudge creams from LoveBean are and now you’re getting the chance to win some! Use it as a spread or dip to satisfy your chocolate cravings at any time! They’re made with whole ingredients and are completely paleo-friendly (and vegan for that matter… share some with your crazy vegan brother-in-law, if you’ve got one too!).
Not only that, but if you’re wanting to try some LoveBean between now and February 16th, use the offer code “PALEORULES” and receive 20% off your order!
There will be two winners for LoveBean, each will win BOTH the Organic Raw Fudge Cream and the Organic Vegan Fudge Cream!
Wouldn’t your valentine love some homemade, paleo-friendly jams? We found this health and eco-conscious vendor that happens to be paleo on Etsy and just HAD to share! A few of you asked us about the jelly in our PB&J Sandwich Cookies and this is what we recommend.
How about a trio of different fruit jams made with real fruit and local honey by Northernlodge? Well, win this giveaway and it will be yours! Not only that, but Patti from Northernlodge is offering a discount deal for you! You can buy a single jar at a discount here, be brave and sign up for the Gourmet Jam of the Month club or get the exact package offered here for $10 off! Moms and grandmothers will love this gesture of vibrant Valentine colors – I know, because I would!
Primal Life Organics
We mentioned Primal Life Organics on Episode 10 of The Paleo View and how they are the premier producer of paleo beauty products. So if you’re wanting an excuse to rub-down and pucker-up with your beautiful partner, Trina’s products will help you seal the deal! Primal Life Organics will be sending the winner their Primal Body Butter and two Grunt Primal Lip Balms! You, too, will get to experience these fantastic products!
How to win!
Grand prize winner will receive everything we listed here, a value of $225!
- Chocosphere’s The Paleo Bag, valued at $60 shipped
- $50 gift certificate to Eating Evolved
- Two jars of LoveBean fudge valued at $30
- A trio of jams from Northernlodge valued at $25
- Products from Primal Life Organics, valued at $60
Runner up will receive both LoveBean Fudge Creams and a box of truffles of their choice from Eating Evolved!
How do you enter? See below:
- The winner must be contactable by email! We cannot try to track you down on Facebook or Twitter or Psychic Investigator, so make sure you log into Disqus (our comment function) with your email address!
- You must leave your comments here on the post, not on Facebook or Twitter or Singing Telegram.
- One entry for ALL of the following. Remember: these vendors are being very generous to us and you, so a few clicks is the least we can offer them in return!
- Chase us around the internet liking and us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! Please review Eat Like a Dinosaur or The Paleo View and subscribe to the podcast if you haven’t yet!
- Like Chocosphere on Facebook
- Like Eating Evolved on Facebook
- Like LoveBean on Facebook
- Like Primal Life Organics on Facebook
- Like Northernlodge on Facebook
If you don’t have Facebook, then tell us what you’ve done with each vendor in your comment as an ‘appreciation’ for their donation (like, sign up for their newsletter on their sites).
We’d also VERY much like your vote for Best Family & Kid Blog at The Homies Awards… but it’s not a requirement because that just seems wrong!
That’s it! Good Luck and Happy Valentine’s Day! This giveaway closes on February 10th, but we cannot guarantee that these vendors will be able to give you your prizes before Valentine’s.