What an awesome guest post we have for you guys today! This is an awesome summer recipe from Texan native, Alexa from Kitchenspired.com . Peaches are starting to show up at farmer’s markets everywhere, and so this recipe for Balsamic Peach Chicken is just what we need! When choosing a ripe peach, hold it to your nose and take a deep breath! Does it smell like a sweet peach strongly? Then it is ripe! If it is still hard to the touch, and not very fragrant, it isn’t quite there yet.
I love summer. I mean, who doesn’t? Here in Texas, summer means sweating the moment you get out of the shower until your head hits the pillow at night, car seats as hot as the surface of the sun, hundreds of dollars spent on energy bills to pay for air conditioning, and lots of sweet tea to cope with 100+ temps. I know that sounds miserable, but summer still has redeeming factors to it. My birthday is the main one (August 2nd in case you wanted to send me some treats). Other redeeming factors include iced coffee, weddings every weekend, getting more tan than you thought was humanly possible, and of course…peaches.
As you know, peaches are in season in these summer months, and every year I welcome them with open arms into our home. When I go to the farmer’s market this time of year, you know I’m budgeting for some peaches. Nothing is better than the possibilities you can create in your kitchen with fresh, local peaches. Am I right or am I right?
Something you need to know about me other than my birthday is that I also love simple recipes. I love meals that are easy, nutritious, and don’t take a lot of time or expertise, but have interesting flavor combos that you wouldn’t expect. That is why I give you my recipe for Balsamic Peach Chicken.
This recipe is simple, easy, contains only a few ingredients, but has an amazing combination of flavors that will make your family feel like you spent hours in the kitchen. Peaches and chicken? Alright! Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1” pieces
- salt & pepper
- 2 peaches
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add your chicken to the pan and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes, then flip each piece of chicken over in the pan and let it cook on the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the two peaches into small pieces.
- Add peaches & garlic to the pan with the chicken, then pour balsamic vinegar over everything in the pan. Sprinkle the rosemary on top and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the peaches are soft and garlic is cooked, remove pan from heat and let cool. Serve the chicken and peaches over some cauliflower rice and enjoy!
Connect with Alexa!
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://paleoparents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/KitchenspiredBio-square-740×740.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Alexa Wible is a central Texas girl who loves food, fitness, mornings and coffee. She works as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor in addition to running Kitchenspired. Alexa hasn’t always known how to cook, but through a lot of trial-and-error cooking in the past, she discovered a passion for creating tasty meals that were easy to make and didn’t break the budget. Alexa’s hope with Kitchenspired is to inspire others to make healthier life choices through eating well, exercising regularly and learning to love themselves where they are.[/author_info] [/author]