One time at the Eastern Market I saw rice pudding but I was not allowed to have it because it had dairy and sugar and rice. Instead my mom said we could make our own pudding at home. But I still wanted rice pudding. Mom said we could try to make something the tasted just like it. So we went home and made this recipe.
My favorite part of making this recipe was how easy it was and then I got to shake it up!
I liked it because it was fun doing it and you could see the chia seeds jumping up and down inside. And even though the rice pudding at the Eastern Market didn’t have raisins, we decided they would taste good and then we got to use less honey because raisins are sweet but also healthy.
I didn’t believe my mom when she told me it would taste like rice pudding, but when I woke up in the morning the chia seeds WERE like rice! It was a neat surprise to wake up to.
- 2 T Chia Seeds
- 2/3 C Full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 C almond milk (or light coconut milk)
- 1/2 t Pure vanilla extract
- 2 T walnuts, chopped finely
- 1/2 C raisins
- 1 T honey, must be loose and runny (Cole says "like honey bear honey")
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 pint mason jar, or other airtight container.
- Shake it, like a Polaroid picture.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to a week.
- Serve cold, warm or anywhere in between!
It tastes so good! Hope you like it!